(Approximate Read Time: 2 minutes)
In case your Latin is a bit rusty, “Nihil de nobis, sine nobis” translates to “nothing about us, without us.” It means that no policy, action, or change should be approved or taken without the full and direct participation of those most affected by it.
Yesterday, in the United States, we had a bienniel election for our congressional representatives and other officials at the state and local levels. We are still waiting for all the final results, but one thing is certain: every voter is hoping “nihil de nobis, sine nobis” prevails, even if we’ve never heard the words before.
Whether we are Democrat, Green Party, Independent, Republican or any other political affiliation, we want to have a voice and we want our voice to matter. At the very least, we want to give consent to be governed. Consent to be governed is fine, but it is minimum participation.
The Tenacious Change Approach goes further…a lot further…than consent. We say that meaningful participation is necessary for owning the change. Meaningful participation means that anyone who wants to participate needs to have a place, a voice, and the power to decide as well as to initiate and lead action. “Nihil de nobis, sine nobis” requires meaningful participation.
- 10 lessons, which include 10 streaming videos (20 min max length), each dedicated to a single Key Mindset and introduces and Essential Operating Principle and Core Task.
- A 6-hour course that can be completed in a single day – like your own personal training event!
- “Pause and Reflect” activities using the Getting Started with the Tenacious Change Approach Journal, a downloadable PDF which you can fill out online or print and complete by hand.
- A private online learning community for connecting, networking, and sharing with others also working on community change.
- Invitations to regular “Change Chats” with the developer, instructors, and guests.
Cost: Purchase lessons separately for $49 US each ($490 US total, if all purchased separately). For a limited time, to celebrate the opening of the course, you can buy the full course bundle of 10 lessons for $390 US, a $100 savings.
We are Scheduling for 2023 – Ready to work with us?
Check out our Consultation, Workshop, and Training page on our website where you can learn about our core offerings and services. On the first page of that section, we offer some questions to help you think through what you need and how we can help. We also have an attractive PDF version of this section you can download, print, and share with others on your team or in your organization.
Now, how can we help you make change happen for the greater good in your community or organization? Use our Calendly link to set up a time to talk.
Take A Moment to Share This
We are trying to get the word out about Getting Started with the Tenacious Change Approach, and, of course, our services. Please share this post and invite others in your network to take a look. Thanks!