How we think can be more important than what we do. This is why mindsets matter in the Tenacious Change Approach.
There isn’t a single mindset about community change we need to hold but several. We need to have our minds right about:
- Ownership of change
- Members of the “whole community”
- What it means to understand the whole community
- How people participate in ways that are meaningful to them
- Working with others in partnership and leadership
- Making decisions that include the whole community
- Developing better practices over re-using best practices
- The value of engaging in productive disagreement
- Being persistent about improvement in all ways
- Continuously changing forward for the greater good
Mindset Before Action
The Tenacious Change Approach recognizes that mind shifts to the mindsets listed above are important before launching into any strategies, activities, and tactics of change. Why? Because these mindsets are protective to changemakers and the communities they serve. When changemakers embrace the mindsets and commit to them, they tend to evaluate the strategies, activities, and tactics through the perspective of the mindsets. Hence, they choose more wisely, choosing those that animate the mindsets and support ownership-based change through collective change leadership.
Getting Started with the Tenacious Change Approach teaches the mindsets as principles which guide changemakers as they orchestrate change in their organizations, communities, and system.
- 10 lessons, which include 10 streaming videos (20 min max length), each dedicated to a single Key Mindset and introduces and Essential Operating Principle and Core Task.
- A 6-hour course that can be completed in a single day – like your own personal training event!
- “Pause and Reflect” activities using the Getting Started with the Tenacious Change Approach Journal, a downloadable PDF which you can fill out online or print and complete by hand.
- A private online learning community for connecting, networking, and sharing with others also working on community change.
- Invitations to regular “Change Chats” with the developer, instructors, and guests.
Cost: Purchase lessons separately for $49 US each ($490 US total, if all purchased separately). For a limited time, to celebrate the opening of the course, you can buy the full course bundle of 10 lessons for $390 US, a $100 savings.
Tenacious Change Website Upgrade and Update
We’ve been doing some updating and upgrading of our website. If you haven’t been there for a while, check it out here. It isn’t finished yet, but we think you are going to like what we’ve been doing.
While you are there, check out our Consultation, Workshop, and Training page where you can learn about our core offerings and services. On the first page of that section, we offer some questions to help you think through what you need and how we can help. We also have an attractive PDF version of this section you can download, print, and share with others on your team or in your organization.
Now, how can we help you make change happen for the greater good in your community or organization?
Take A Moment to Share This
We are trying to get the word out about Getting Started with the Tenacious Change Approach, and, of course, our services. Please share this post and invite others in your network to take a look. Thanks!