Hope is NOT a strategy is something we say in the world of Tenacious Change. But what do we mean by that? We mean change is not magic and we can’t wish it into reality. And, of course, there are no special incantations that cause it.
A plan and hard work make change happen. The next time you hear someone describe a change experience by saying something like, “You won’t believe it! It just happened!” don’t be fooled. Look for the people behind the scenes. Look for those who made a plan and worked the plan which produced the change.
Change – whether in an organization, a community, or system – takes a plan and the plan has to be worked, tenaciously.
The people who make and work a plan for change must be tenacious. PowerThesaurus has 1,118 synonyms for the word “tenacious.” Two of them are fearless and brave. These might actually be the first movers of any change movement.
Change doesn’t happen by chance or in isolation through the efforts of just one person. It is a collective effort. However, change often does start because one person stopped hoping it would happen and then found the courage to make and work a plan with others.
- 10 lessons, which include 10 streaming videos (20 min max length), each dedicated to a single Key Mindset and introduces and Essential Operating Principle and Core Task.
- A 6-hour course that can be completed in a single day – like your own personal training event!
- “Pause and Reflect” activities using the Getting Started with the Tenacious Change Approach Journal, a downloadable PDF which you can fill out online or print and complete by hand.
- A private online learning community for connecting, networking, and sharing with others also working on community change.
- Invitations to regular “Change Chats” with the developer, instructors, and guests.
Cost: Purchase lessons separately for $49 US each ($490 US total, if all purchased separately). For a limited time, to celebrate the opening of the course, you can buy the full course bundle of 10 lessons for $390 US, a $100 savings.
Tenacious Change Website Upgrade and Update
We’ve been doing some updating and upgrading of our website. If you haven’t been there for a while, check it out here. It isn’t finished yet, but we think you are going to like what we’ve been doing.
While you are there, check out our Consultation, Workshop, and Training page where you can learn about our core offerings and services. On the first page of that section, we offer some questions to help you think through what you need and how we can help. We also have an attractive PDF version of this section you can download, print, and share with others on your team or in your organization.
Now, how can we help you make change happen for the greater good in your community or organization?
Take A Moment to Share This
We are trying to get the word out about Getting Started with the Tenacious Change Approach, and, of course, our services. Please share this post and invite others in your network to take a look. Thanks!